We would like to inform you that Shree Shakti Express is launched by our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today at Jammu Station.
We know all you devotees would be interested in knowing about the following things:
1. How to get the reservation done from Jammu to Katra through Shreeshakti express?
You can get the reservation done on www.irctc.co.in. Station Code for Katra Station is SVDK.
2. What are the train timings of Shree Shakti Express?
Shree Shakti Express starts at 17:30 hrs from New Delhi and reaches Katra at 5:10 a.m. The total journey time is 11 hours and 40 mins.
3. What kind of coaches are available for Shree Shakti Express?
1AC, 2AC and 3AC coaches are available on Shree Shakti Express.
4. What would be the ticket pricing?
1AC – Rs. 2385
2AC – Rs. 1410
3AC – Rs. 1000
5. How much time will the Shree Shakti express take from Jammu to Shree Mata Vaishno Devi base camp at Katra?
Train reaches Jammu at 3:10 a.m., departs at 3:30 a.m. and reaches Katra at 5:10 a.m. Journey time from Jammu to Katra is 1hour 40 mins.
6. What is the Train No. for Shree Shakti Express?
Train no. is 22461 and it runs all days in a week from New Delhi Railway Station.
7. Stations at which Shree Shakti Express halts?
New Delhi -> Ambala Cantt -> Ludhiana -> Jalandhar Cantt -> Pathankot Cantt -> Jammu Tawi -> Udhampur -> ShMata Vaishno Devi Katra.
On the way back it starts from Katra at 22:55 hrs and reaches New Delhi at 10:45 a.m. next day.
courtesy: Zee News
In the meanwhile, lets throw some light on the salient features of the new track and newly built railway station.
- Highlights of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra Railway Station
- It is the most modern railway station
- It has most comfortable retiring rooms for pilgrims
- Pigrim guide/ Tourist assistance, Cloak Room, Waiting Hall and VIP lounge is provided for all devotees.
- It has big and open platforms to cater to large crowds.
- It is equipped with escalators, lifts and large parking space.
- The track is currently activated till Katra but it will be linked to Baramula in the longer run. The final track with stations will beJammu -> Udhampur -> Katra -> Banihal -> Qazigund -> Srinagar -> Baramula
Salient Features of Katra- Udhampur section
- Length of section: 25.6 km
- Important bridge: 1
- Major bridges: 7, Minor bridges: 29
- Road Over/ under bridges: 12
- Height of tallest bridge: 85 metres
- Total length of tunnels: 10.9 km
- Length of longest tunnel: 3.12 km
Stay updated for more information.