While I respect kindness, good-will and intentions, I would never accept any guest contribution that is lower in quality than my own posts. If you cannot comprehend that analogy, you’re out of luck as far as contributing to this blog goes. I love thoughtful, educational, promotion-less, and informational content.
Types of Content
You should know that this website is visited by, anywhere from 15,000 to 30,000 unique visitors every month. With that in mind, I am looking for content submissions that are written for users, instead of submitting something that you just felt like writing.
The types of content that I am after is the following:
- How-To: Guides, explanations and step-by-step instructions for how to get something done. Concise, straight to the point.
- Tutorials: Full-scale tutorials for anything related to Algorithm Change, New Updates in Google Search, Adwords related changes or development, design basics, SEO, Social Marketing etc. You should expect high-quality response from submitting step by step guides.
- Compelling News: To a certain extent, news reports are also accepted. This does not mean that you’re going to become the next reporter for this blog. It means that you’re allowed to submit your ‘intellectual’ take on something that is happening in the Search Engine World.
- I will consider any other content type, but these are mostly the ones that I’ll pay the most attention to. The most important thing is that, the material you’re submitting is original and provides value.
Limitations & Etiquette
You will greatly increase your chances of getting approved as a guest author, if you can manage to follow all of these little rules and etiquette basics. It helps to keep away the spammers, and lower quality submissions. Think of this guest writing opportunity as a way of expanding your own follower base.
- The length of the content should be anywhere from 500 to 2,000 words. Anything less than that, should be highly informative and intellectual.
- Images should be your own, or attributed to the rightful owner, the width of the images should be 800px wherever possible.
- You should back up your own statements with links to 3rd party resources, research and studies that add meaning to the content you’re writing. It does not mean you can just add links to your own site, that is acceptable only when extremely relevant.
You get to have a link to your website/project at the bottom of every post you submit.
Submitting Your Post
All that is left to do, is to pitch your post, and then see where it takes you.
- Briefly introduce yourself, and what kind of content you’re most comfortable writing with. Include a link to your website, and any social media profile.
- It would be great if you could also include links to your previous content, whether guest columns, or stuff you’ve written for yourself.
- What are you going to write about? Any particular/specific ideas? Definitely include those. Whenever possible, a reason why you’d want to write about those. This is mandatory, because this blog writes for real people.
- It takes roughly 1-3 days for me to get back to those who pitch their ideas. Don’t give up if I’m being late with the response, I reply to each and every submission I get.
Submit your post at: firstname.lastname@example.org